Monday, July 09, 2007

Thorns or fangs...

Well, I finally managed to get a flat tire on my bike. I went out to get the sun tea, and noticed that my front tire was low. Since it wasn't flat when I got home, I figured that I had a slow leak somewhere. So, I did what anyone would do, I took off the tire to see what was wrong

Well, it seems that my "slow leak" wasn't quite what I expected. I got the tube out (at which point I heard the rest of the air leak out), and ran my finger around inside the tire, only to find this:


The big end was still (barely) on the outside, and the little end was (obviously) in my tube. So, I dug it out, patched the tube, and got everything put back together. So, at least I am breaking my new tires in right.

In other news, things are cooling off a little bit here. We missed the triple digits today, and it looks like it should stay that way for a few more days. The monsoon is getting here, so we are getting really hard, short-lived thunderstorms. Crazy how hard it rains here, you would never expect it if you were here 2 weeks ago.

Amy and I are watching season 1 of "The Muppet Show", which I love. (Season Two is out mid-August, keep your eyes open, all). Amy is liking her job more. Things are all in all good.

Thats about it for now. Take it easy, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Maybe, that should be your nickname for the rest of the month!

FANG

Jim

10:41 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Fang Hunter?

Not quite cactus hunter caliber though...

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->