Sunday, June 10, 2007

Please, don't drink the fixer...

Well, things just keep on a chuggin' along. Things are going pretty well here in Tucson. Yesterday, Amy and I went with her family to float down the Salt River. It was a lot of fun, with only a bit of sunburn between the two of us.


Here is a rough idea of where we went:

A map. We got in at the green arrow, and out at the red arrow.
Pretty straightforward, really.



We started right below Saguaro Lake, which is formed by the Stewart Mountain Dam, about 40 miles outside of Phoenix. It was a fun trip, especially because the water was about 68ยบ, which was great.

In other news, I have begun to develop my own black and white film again. I find that if I put plankets just right, I can block all of the light coming into my closet and put the film on the reel there, then I can develop it in the bathroom. So far, I have had a few good ones, and a lot of clunkers, but I am slowly improving as I figure out the camera that I am using. It is my Grandpa's old Busch Pressman, and it is all kinds of fun. I am hoping eventually to be able to use 4 x 5 sheet film, but for now I am using an adapter so I can shoot 120 roll film.


(For those of you who don't know what 120 looks like, here is a picture.)

120 Medium Format Film. This is Kodak T-MAX 400 Speed.


I also found a place that can do reprints and enlargements from any negative that I decided is a picture that I can't live without, so that will work until I can find a public darkroom so I can make my own prints.

I actually shot a roll of film through an old Kodak Vigilant Six-20 today, so we will see how it turns out.

Anywho, things here are good. I hope to have some updated pictures of the apartment up soon. Take it easy, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Jon,

You should see if you could rent time, space or materials at the High School down the street from you. Not sure if they would, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

-Paul

6:16 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey, sounds fun. Keep up the hard work. Remind me to chat with you on the phone about developer and the bathtub.

JIm

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->