Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bad Grammar and other fun stuff

Upon looking at my blog, I noticed that it said 14 Days 9 Hours 57 Minutes 22 Seconds since The Wedding Begins, I figured I should go in and fix that. Things are all good, with the exception of seeing that I have been married over two weeks now and I am kind of wondering where that time went? Maybe there is something to all this talk from the parents about how fast it all seems to go. Who knows. I am still having issues with the fact that people who are currently seniors in high school were in about 5th grade when I graduated. Roughly. Really, where does it go?

Anywho, things are good. Vegas was lovely, we saw many brightly lit things, not to mention a bunch of wax people and a 3,250,000 cubic yard block of concrete. Don't let my tone there fool you, I really did love the wax museum, and I was totally blown away by Hoover Dam. An amazing marvel of modern engineering. Really cool stuff.

So, thats about all for now. I hope to have some exciting photographs soon, so check back regularly. Take it easy, all.


Interesting fact -- if Lake Mead were full (approx. 28.5 million acre-feet of water) and due to some unforseeable cosmic event failure of Hoover Dam was imminent, it would take roughly 142.8 days to drain it totally empty, based on a total release capacity of 100,600 cfs. I don't think we would be able to make it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan's Mom said...

Hi Jon,
Well, the calendar is useful. When it says 365 days, it's a hint that you'd better go get a darned nice anniversary gift for your bride!!!
he he he.
Glad to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon... (the dot dot dot is for the youngsters who don't need to know...)
All is well back in El Paso. It snowed (yeah, it did!) here yesterday. Awesome start to 2007.
Love, Aunt Patsy

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->