Wednesday, September 07, 2011

For my next trick...

Well, folks, it's been a while. I have guilt for having neglected you for so long, but that's ok, because I am back now. I have returned to tell you about my next exciting cooking experiment:

(Click the image to go to the eBook version)

This is the 1887 White House Cook Book. For the next 8 weeks, maybe longer, I will be trying to make at least one recipe from this book per week. I want to make them as close to the original as possible, so the only substitutions will be for ingredients that I can't find anywhere, or that might kill me.

So, keep coming back, because I will be posting pictures and results each week.

That's about it for now, take it easy all.

(Oh yes, one last thing, I highly recommend reading the medicine section of the cook book. Opium was apparently the cure for everything.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan's Mom said...

HI Jon, I'll be waiting for results from this endeavor. Please continue to provide Facebook links? Otherwise I won't remember or know where to go to find them. BTW, your SAHD 'crafts' are WAY more interesting than those of SAHM's. Just sayin'.
Hugs to all! Aunt Patsy

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->